Rich Duncan Construction, Inc strives to continually implement “Green” building systems and techniques available within the construction industry. Our business partners, an array of architect and engineering firms, use several different sustainability and enhanced building performance practices. Our subcontractors are required to provide alternative green options while maintaining budget parameters throughout the construction process.
We are a participant in the “Smart Environmental Recycling” program, and extensive use of recycling and salvage methods are implemented during our projects. Rich Duncan, President, is a member of National Trust for Historic Preservation, and partners with Portland General Electric in their EarthWISE practices. We are also pursuing EarthWISE certification through Marion County’s Business Assistance Program for commitment to environmentally friendly practices.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- 2010 completion of the Oregon School for the Deaf Boys Dorm achieving LEED GOLD in a record 43 day pre planning and 131 hour completion job schedule for Extreme Make Over
Smart Energy Program
- Participating with NW Natural Gas
- Participating in Earth Wise practices with Portland General Electric
Recycle Renew and Reuse
- Pre Bid Survey
- Job Site Pre Construction Survey
USDA — Rural Development
- Energy Efficiency Grant
Oregon Department of Energy
- Business Energy Tax Credit